Junior Leadership Academy
The Junior Leadership Academy (JLA) was created by the Fort Smith Regional Chamber of Commerce and is supported by the regional business community. JLA is a program for students that desire the opportunity to learn more about Fort Smith and the opportunities available in our city. Students will meet community leaders from area businesses, government agencies, and civic organizations. Students will be introduced into an environment designed to enhance and develop their leadership skills which will benefit them throughout the rest of their life.
We are currently securing sponsorships for the current and upcoming program year for the Junior Leadership Academy. If you are interested in being a part of this exciting program please contact Susan Krafft at 479-783-3111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Class of 2020 Schedule:
- Class Announcement Made – April 12, 2019
- Deadline to Accept Position – April 26, 2019
- New Class Reception – May 23, 2019
- Opening Retreat – August 2 & 3, 2019
- Innovators in our Community Session – September 4, 2019
- Career Opportunities Session – October 2, 2019
- Public Service Session – December 4, 2019
- Higher Education/WATC/Vocational Session – January 15, 2020
- Closing Session – February 8, 2020 (SATURDAY)
- Commencement – March 12, 2020 (TUESDAY)